These apple strudel rice paper rolls are perfect served with creamy vanilla sauce and they make for a simple and delicious dessert that looks great too! It’s my dad’s birthday today so I am making these instead of a cake… yum, my taste buds are enjoying the party!
- Apple Strudel Ingredients
- 3 small Apples peeled, cored ad thinly sliced (approximately 500g/15oz)
- 1 1/2 tbs Lemon Juice (juice of 1 small lemon)
- 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit you can use any you like
- 2-3 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond meal or instant rolled oats
- 1 packet rice paper sheets
- Vanilla Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cups Non-Dairy Milk (eg almond, soy, rice, oat)
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbs cornstarch or arrowroot (use more cornstarch if you want the sauce thicker)
- 1/8 tsp Tumeric (to make the sauce more yellow)
- 1 tbs white sugar (optional)
Sprinkle with cinnamon, dried fruit or some maple syrup for some extra zip!!!