- 2 medium to large carrots peeled and grated
- 400 grams Can Chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 small Onion (purple onion is ideal) diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds, whole
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes optional, to taste
- 1/2 tsp coarse celtic sea salt optional, to taste
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground) optional, to taste
- Freshly sliced scallions optional, for decoration on top
Check out the video at the top of this recipe page for a full cooking demonstration of how to make this recipe.
If you let this salad sit for half an hour or so. the salt will help to soften the carrots and release their juices as a slight dressing. YUM!