This “Cheesy” Sweet Potato and Kale Bake is reminiscent of a ricotta style bake, but without the dairy! It is so rich and creamy, you would never know that it is healthy or vegan!
Loaded with the goodness of kale, this melt in your mouth dish is big on taste and big on nutrients… what a fantastic combination. Give it a go, I’m sure you’ll love it.
- Bake Ingredients
- 600 g Sweet Potatoes sliced thinly
- 110 g Kale Leaves (or spinach if preferred) chopped small
- Paprika or nutmeg to sprinkle over the top
- Cheesy Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cups Almonds, blanched (or other nuts of choice) soaked for 30 mins in boiled hot water, then drained
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cups Plant Milk (I used organic soy milk) or unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Miso paste (soy, chickpea or brown rice miso)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion (or onion flakes)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- coarse celtic sea salt optional, to taste only
Check out the video at the top of this recipe page for a full cooking demonstration of how to make this recipe.