This tasty creamed banana rice and polenta porridge recipe is a great vegan breakfast idea or dessert pudding.
It is high carb and low fat and would suit those following a raw till 4 or starch solution lifestyle – or anyone wanting a healthy plant based food alternative!
This recipe served 2 to 4 people – depending how hungry you are 🙂
The texture is amazing and has a very hearty and decadent feel to it. It is great served in a fancy bowl, cup or glass jar and best of all is quick and easy to make.
- 2/3 cup rice Organic white rice (washed)
- 2 cups Soy Milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 tsp Tumeric Just a dash for colour
- 2 whole Bananas Chopped (make sure they are very ripe)
- 4 tbsp Apple Juice Cloudy (or other sweetener of choice eg. maple syrup, coconut sugar, orange juice) etc)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Polenta to thicken mixture at the end
I love a sprinkle of nutmeg, cinnamon or cardamon over the top. For a sweet tooth drizzle some maple syrup or sprinkle some coconut sugar.
Its also yummy with a handful of fresh blue berries or raspberries mixed through.