This Creamy German Potato Salad recipe is super tasty, easy to make and 100% vegan!
If you have a dairy allergy or are eating a whole food plant based diet, then you will be happy to eat this 🙂
No cholesterol and full of flavor, you won’t even believe that this delicious creamy potato salad is healthy.
- Potato Base
- 6 medium Boiled Potatoes peeled, cooled and sliced
- 2 large Pickled Gherkins diced into 1/4" (6mm) cubes
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 sprinkling Dried Dill can use some chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground) to taste, optional
- Potato Salad Dressing
- 1 medium Boiled Potato peeled
- 1/2 cup Brine from pickled Gherkins I also included some of the mustard seeds and dill
- 1 tsp coarse celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- Water or Stock if needed Add only if you want the mixture more creamy & wet, optional to taste
I like to serve it with my Mushroom and Lentil burger (https://www.cookingwithplants.com/recipe/hearty-mushroom-lentil-burger/) for the ultimate taste sensation 🙂
The blender I use for this is a Tribest Personal Blender. Find it using my Amazon link: https://cookingwithplants.com/visit/amazon-com-tribest/
If the potato salad is too dry, you can always add a little bit of water or vegetable stock to the mixture to make it a bit more moist and creamy.