This is a fresh and tasty potato salad with lots of delicious mediterranean flavors. It is great as a side dish or as a meal in itself.
I like to serve this with falafels and hummus for a middle eastern twist. It is also a great salad to take on picnics because it stays fresh very easily and can be assembled just before you are about to eat. YUM!
- 5 medium Potatoes Boiled in skins and peeled
- 1 small Lebanese Cucumber Diced
- 1 small Spanish Onion Sliced, lengthways
- 400 grams Chickpeas drained, reserve brine if wanted
- 1/2 handful Fresh Mint Leaves sliced thinly
- 1-2 tsp Sumac to taste
- 1-2 tsp Cumin Seeds to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground to taste
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 small Lemon juiced
If the salad needs more moisture, you can also use a bit of the reserved chickpea brine and mix it through. This will give an oil-style feel to the dish but without the extra fat and calories 🙂