This mock tuna salad is made using jackfruit and miso sunflower seeds vegan sour cream. This is an easy recipe for anyone wanting to replace tuna in a happy plant based world 🙂
Jackfruit is not always the easiest ingredient to find, but definitely worth the effort! It is commonly found at your local Asian small goods store.
This recipe has the look and flavour of the sea some new vegans miss. Surprisingly filling, this mock tuna salad recipe is just as tasty and cheaper than the real thing!
- Sunflower Seed Vegan Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds raw
- 1 - 2 tsp White Miso paste
- 1 tbs Pickled Sweet & Sour Cucumber Juice or vinegar/lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Filtered Water
- Jackfruit Tuna
- 1 sheet Nori Crumbled - The green bit on the outside of Sushi Rolls
- 1 280 grams Young Green Jackfruit in Brine 1 tin
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper (freshly ground) to taste
The blender I use for this is a Tribest Personal Blender. Find it using my Amazon link: https://cookingwithplants.com/visit/amazon-com-tribest/