Mushroom Oatmeal Risotto That's Ready In Minutes!
- 3 large Shitake Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari (or salt reduced soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- 5 dashes White Pepper or add to taste
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats I use organic
- 1/4 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Plant Based Milk
- 1/2 cup water (or as needed)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- basil for garnish
Servings: serves Units:
- Put a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and dry fry for a few minutes until they soften and start to release their juices.
- Add the tamari and stir for a minute more.
- Add spices, herbs and oats and stir for another minute.
- Add chickpea flour and mix it through well.
- Lower the heat slightly if needed and begin to add the plant milk and extra water gradually and continue to stir until the mixture become thick and creamy. This should only take about 5 minutes.
- You are ready to serve and eat! YUM!
Check out the video at the top of this recipe page for a full cooking demonstration of how to make this recipe.
If you want all of my recipes straight to your inbox, please click here to join my newsletter so we can stay in touch!
Share this Recipe
Leave A Comment