This is a quick and easy way to make oven roasted garden vegetables with rich juices and seasonings that can be served as is or turned into a gravy at the end of cooking.
So rich and tasty, these self saucing vegetables really pack a flavor punch! They are delicious served with mashed potatoes and are great as a main or as a side dish.
Use any combination of vegetables that you prefer or have on hand for variety and flavor variation.
Self Saucing Roasted Garden Vegetables
- 1 bunch Baby Carrots
- 2 handfuls Green Beans top and tailed
- 1 large Onion cut into 8 wedges
- 15 fresh Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Sage Leaves
- 1/2 tsp coarse celtic sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, ground or to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional, to taste
- 200 ml Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbs Tamari or soy sauce/Braggs Aminos
Servings: people Units:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius (350 degrees fahrenheit).
- Add vegetables to a roasting or baking pan. I used an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20cm) glass dish.
- Add spices and liquids to the dish.
- Give a little stir through and place in oven.
- Check every 15 to 20 minutes and give a stir through. Cook until vegetables are roasted to your liking. Mine took 1 hour.
Share this Recipe
Could u tell me how much 200 ml of veggie broth is? Thanks Diane Barnett
About 7 oz.
Thank you. I am making the potato bake for hubby’sbithday next week!