This vegan alfredo potato bake is so rich and creamy but has no oil or nuts and is loaded with healthy cauliflower as the secret sauce ingredient!
- Bake Ingredients
- 7 large Boiled Potatoes, peeled and cooled sliced thinly
- 1 medium to large White Onion sliced thinly
- Nutmeg or Parika to sprinkle over the top
- Alfredo Sauce Ingredients (makes enough for 2 bakes or extra for over pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups Filtered Water
- 1/2 cups Plant Milk (I used organic soy milk) or unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1 large Boiled Potato, peeled
- 1 tbsp Miso paste (soy, chickpea or brown rice miso)
- 1/2 cups Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse celtic sea salt optional, to taste only
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 750 g Steamed Cauliflower (1 medium head)
Check out the video at the top of this recipe page for a full cooking demonstration of how to make this recipe.
Note: The alfredo sauce makes enough for 2 bakes or extra for over pasta. Will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.