Nut and soy free vegan cheese – amazing! It slices and grates… all without the fat or allergy issues that so many other plant based cheeses seem to have.
This recipe is so easy to make and is great for a cheese platter, on crackers in a toasted sandwich or anywhere where you would normally use sliced or grated cheese.
Best of all it has no nuts or soy based ingredients so it is a great option for so many vegans that have food allergies to these commonly used ingredients.
Cholesterol free and no oils added… this is great for anyone wanting to eat a whole food plant based diet or for anyone wanting to have a traditional “treat” food without the guilt!!!
This is so exciting. I can’t wait for you to give this a go and let me know what you think
- Cheese Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Sweet Potato (Kumara) Steamed until soft
- 1 whole Roasted red peppers (Capsicums) marinated in vinegar
- 0.5 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2.5 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup water extra for over top of mixture in blender... you can also add any other spices, herbs etc that you like.
- Agar Agar thickener
- 1.3 cups water
- 2.5 tbsp Agar agar powder