id="wpurp-container-recipe-1483" data-id="1483" data-permalink="https://cookingwithplants.com/recipe/vegan-savory-oatmeal/" data-custom-link="" data-custom-link-behaviour="" data-image="https://cookingwithplants.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SAVOURY-OATS-WEB.jpg" data-servings-original="2" class="wpurp-container" style="padding-top:10px !important;padding-bottom:10px !important;padding-left:10px !important;padding-right:10px !important;position:static !important;color:#000000 !important;font-family:Open Sans, sans-serif !important;">
Hearty Vegan Savory Oatmeal
While I do like a sweet breakfast from time to time, my favorites are savory, and this is one of my all-time favorites.
Now you can enjoy hearty vegan savory oatmeal for your breakfast… or any time you feel hungry and want something tasty that’s quick and easy to make!
2 – 4Servings
- 1 cups Instant Oats
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock or water
- 1 cups Plant Milk (I used organic soy milk) rice, oat or unsweetened almond milk would be great too!
- 1/4 cups Nutritional Yeast optional
- 2 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs Dried
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes optional, use less or omit if you don’t like spice
- 1 tsp Onion Flakes or onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper optional, use less or omit if you don’t like spice
- Toppings/Mix Ins
- Your choice of any vegetables or herbs eg. Spinach, tomato, avocado, corn, beans, mushrooms, baked tofu, basil etc
- Place all of the oatmeal ingredients into a large pot or pan before turning on the heat.
- Bring to a light boil and then turn down to a low simmer or switch off the heat and leave on the residual heat of the hotplate. Keep stirring the mixture until it reaches the ‘porridge’ consistency of your liking.
- Mix through or top with any topping you have on hand or that you prefer the taste of. eg. spinach, tomato, avocado, corn, beans, mushrooms, baked tofu, basil, olives etc