This vegan cream cheese wheel only uses a few basic ingredients and is super quick and easy to make. It’s creamy, spreadable and tastes indulgent. It goes perfectly with my flax seed crackers.
1 cup cashews (or nuts of your choice – I used half cashews and half blanched almonds)
1/2 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 1/8 cup water
1 tsp coarse celtic sea salt (I used smoked, but regular is fine)
2 tsps dried sage leaves
Dash of black pepper
1 tsp garlic granules
Juice and zest of a small to medium lemon
Topping: 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (or other herbs and spices you prefer)
1. Soak your nuts by covering them with hot water and letting them sit for 2 – 4 hours (or overnight if you have time). This will allow the nuts to soften and will help if you don’t have a super strong blender or food processor.
2. Drain the water off the nuts and place them into your blender.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the blender as well.
4. Blend or process until smooth. Stop your machine and scrape down as needed to help your blender to get it all smooth. If necessary, add a touch of water, but keep as dry as possible so you can then shape the mixture (see video above for full detailed instructions).
5. Shape your mixture into a “cheese wheel” shape and then press some pumpkin seeds (or other herbs and spices of your choice) into the vegan cream cheese wheel to make it look amazing.
6. Chill in fridge for a few hours before serving if you have time.
Will keep in the fridge in a covered container for about 5 days or you can freeze it. Fresh is always best though! Enjoy…
👉 Want to learn more about plant based vegan cooking, check out my Meal Prep Made Easy Course!
Leave A Comment